Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
Salary: $68,843.11 - $101,040.44 Annually
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 00335
Closing: 4/30/2021 4:30 PM Pacific
The mission of Crafton Hills College is to advance the educational, career, and personal success of our diverse campus community through engagement and learning.
POSITION TO START FALL 2021
This is a full-time tenure track position teaching Anatomy & Physiology within the Biological Sciences Department. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to integrating equity and inclusion in all aspects of their work. This assignment includes teaching courses throughout the biological sciences curriculum and actively participating in department in department and college responsibilities including curriculum development, assessment of outcomes, regular professional development, and college processes. The successful candidate will utilize recognized methodologies that support student success, be part of an engaged campus community, be well qualified to teach both one-and two-semester sequence Anatomy & Physiology courses in both lecture and laboratory environments, primarily teach Anatomy and Physiology, as well as other courses in the other biological sciences, as needed.
Examples of Duties:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching assigned courses in a manner consistent with academic professionalism, departmental standards and course outlines of record.
- Maintaining office hours and advising students.
- Performing duties related to program review, annual plans, student learning outcome, curriculum design, and discipline planning.
- Participating in college affairs, including serving on committees.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, understanding of, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, religious, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
Master's in any biological science
Bachelor's in any biological science
Master's in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science
Demonstrated sensitivity to, understanding of and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, religious, sexual orientation, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
*Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements outlined in the posting and wish to be considered must submit an Equivalency Request (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) and attach it with the application material.
*Must upload required transcripts and documents at time of submitting application.*
1. Experience teaching anatomy and physiology lecture and lab courses.
2. Ability to develop an inclusive curriculum that represents the student ethnic and socioeconomic demographic population at Crafton Hills College.
3. Effective written and oral communication skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office/classroom/clinical setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbccd/jobs/3032776/assistant-professor-biological-sciences
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency