This ad is expired.
CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST (Clinical Laboratory Scientist II)
Posting Number: VA1397
Under the direction of the Laboratory Director (a physician), and as a licensed professional, incumbent is responsible for performing a wide variety of moderate to highly complex clinical laboratory tests and examinations which provide the medical staff with essential data and information for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illness, diseases, and other conditions found within the University setting; and participates in laboratory quality control and assurance. Incumbent is also responsible and is accountable for the technical administration of the WellCat Health Center (WCHC) clinical laboratory. Will serve as technical consultant and supervisor by overseeing daily technical operations as outlined below. In addition, the person holding this position provides lead work direction to Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) I, Phlebotomists, and other laboratory staff.
The WCHC is an outpatient primary care clinic, staffed by physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who provide medical care to students enrolled in the University in accordance with policies set by the Board of Trustees of California State University. An in-house licensed pharmacy, federally certified laboratory, and x-ray department complement the services available. The basic clinic schedule is 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with no evening or weekend duty and the summer work week is 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday, with no evening or weekend duty.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1397-Position-Description
MANDATORY VACCINATIONS The CSU will require faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or have received a medical or religious exemption. Selected candidates should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/. Questions can be sent to: email@example.com (staff and management positions) or firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty positions).
Required Education: Incumbents must possess the requisite education for licensing, which is a Bachelors degree in clinical laboratory science or equivalent from an accredited institution; or, equivalent post-secondary education, training and experience as defined by CHPH Laboratory Field Services (LFS) or combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities. In addition, incumbents must possess two years of progressively responsible administrative and technical work within a clinical laboratory.
Incumbents must possess and maintain a valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license. Special Requirements:
- California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check, sexual offender registry check, and/or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- The person holding this position is considered a General Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Group/Category: Procurement Card Holder, 2) Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
- Adhere and comply to Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and regulations.
- Throughout employment in this position employee must possess and maintain a valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license.
- The selected candidate must pass a post-offer pre-employment physical examination.
- Throughout employment CPR Certification is required, training will be provided.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. Personal protective clothing is required while working i.e. laboratory coats, closed toed shoes, safety glasses, latex gloves. Incumbent will be required to sit or work at a microscope and/or computer terminal for long periods of time, and will frequently move or stand at a counter, as well as moving in small spaces within the laboratory. Must be able to identify and distinguish colors. Occasional overnight travel is required. Incumbent will be exposed to a heat source that is used when sterilizing while plating cultures. There is also noise exposure from centrifuge and other equipment.
Incumbent will work with biohazardous material and chemicals after appropriate training. Moderate noise levels exist at various times in the laboratory. Work with bio-safety cabinet/fume hood as required. Tools used in the clinical laboratory setting including pipettes syringes, tubes, cell counters, centrifuges, heat blocks and incubators, Hologic Panther system, and rotators, etc. Closing Date:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency