Employees in this classification provide patient care management to an assigned clinic in the areas of clerical and clinical duties. In clinical setting, the employee receives direct supervision from physician or nursing supervisor in either oral or written form. In office setting, the employee receives direct supervision from department administrator.& nbsp;Work is performed under usual office and clinic conditions. May be stressful when working under emergency conditions.
- Receives, screens, interviews, and registers patients or clinical research subjects; takes and records vital signs, as appropriate to clinic operations; performs phlebotomy (including IV catheter insertion); may assist with other routine medical procedures (e.g. EKG), as appropriate to training and/or certification .
- Answers telephone inquiries from patients and others; screens calls to determine nature and urgency of inquiry, refers calls as appropriate, and/or schedules appointments with practitioners; instructs patients as needed regarding administrative and/or logistical procedures.
- Obtains patient histories, and insurance approvals as appropriate; prepares and updates medical charts and associated records, and enters patient data into files and automated databases.
- Arranges for prescribed laboratory tests, specialist referrals, and/or diagnostic procedures; orders, and may transport, drugs, blood/biological samples and/or other prescribed patient care aids as directed; performs or assists in the performance of basic clinical and/or laboratory procedures, as appropriate to the activities of the unit.
- Collects, verifies, records, and maintains data on clinical activity and/or research; prepares associated reports as required.
- Orders and maintains inventories of supplies, as required to support day-to-day unit clinical and administrative operations.
- Provides day-to-day staff support for the unit, to include preparing documents and reports, providing office services, scheduling and facilitating meetings and travel arrangements.
- Obtains and verifies patient billing information, as appropriate to the activities of the unit; processes patient accounts, and maintains records.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of unit facilities and equipment; arranges for maintenance and repair as needed.
- May supervise student employees, volunteers and/or interns; may lead lower-graded staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree with related experience of 1 year or High school diploma or GED; with at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- 5 years experience in a clinic setting directly related to the position description.
- Phlebotomy including IV catheter Insertion
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of patient registration procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to lead and train assigned staff.
- Ability to perform basic patient assessments and referrals.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures.
- Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
- Knowledge of clinical facilities and equipment.
- Receptionist skills.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency