This ad is expired.
University of Idaho
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Division/College: General Library
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $55,000 or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Library seeks an innovative, flexible, and highly collaborative librarian who will help promote, develop, and maintain the digital services and projects of the library and the relationships that make these services and projects possible. Reporting to the Dean, this position will work within the Digital Scholarship and Open Strategies (DSOS) unit and closely collaborate with other library units such as Special Collections and Archives and Research and Experiential Learning. This position will work with the Head of DSOS to oversee the day-to-day operations of the digital initiatives laboratory and will work closely with members of the DSOS unit and Special Collections & Archives department to maintain and monitor the functionality of the libraries many online representations, including the library website, digital collections, open educational resources, and the many digital scholarship projects created and made accessible via the Center for Digital Inquiry and Learning (CD?L). This position will also play a role in the administration, promotion, and development of the CD?L, working with CD?L fellows and collaborators on a variety of digital scholarship and open publishing projects. The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention for detail and a capacity to learn new skills and technologies, but need not be proficient in programming or systems. We are looking for someone who will take pride in the librarys innovative digital products and services, and who has the oral and written communication skills to express the importance of these assets to both the university community and communities outside the university.
This is a 12-month, tenure track faculty position. Faculty rank is negotiable. tenure status will require a tenure review.
- Masters degree from an ALA-accredited library program or the equivalent.
- Experience using analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication methods.
- Experience explaining and promoting digital products and services to people with variedlevels of technical understanding.
- Experience learning new technologies associated with digital scholarship, digital library, or web development/publishing activities.
- Experience managing collaborative data projects from beginning to end.
- Experience working effectively, independently, and collaboratively in a collegial environment.
- Experience with digitization of archival material.
- Experience with the use of metadata and metadata standards to describe digital collection materials.
- Demonstration of creativity or innovation in library services.
- Evidence of scholarly engagement in the field of library or information sciences.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001117P
Posting Date: 03/16/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by 05/03/2023 will receive first consideration.
All applicants are asked to submit their curriculum vitae, a letter of qualification, and three references.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency