This ad is expired.
Fellowship Opportunity: Management Analyst - Next Gen Career Pathways Program
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01624-F
Location: CA, CA
Department: Human Resources
Closing: 5/30/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Annual Salary: $100,006.40
The Fellowship Program is a two-year paid employment opportunity open to recent graduates.
Are you a recent college graduate seeking a career in human resources? Do you have volunteer, school, and/or internship experience coordinating and organizing programs or events? Are you a people-person driven to make a difference in your community? Are you committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion? If so, check out this rare early career opportunity into Valley Water's Human Resources unit!
Valley Water's Fellowship Program provides early career opportunities for recent graduates to train and prepare for full-time positions at Valley Water.
The Next Gen Career Pathways Management Analyst Fellow will gain valuable analyst, human resources, and community outreach job skills and experience while assisting the Next Gen Career Pathways Program Administrator and other program team members in the development and administration of Valley Water's career pathway programs. The Next Gen Career Pathways Program encompasses the Wonders of Water high school internship program, the summer college internship program (including the new Discover Valley Water initiative which expands outreach to underserved communities), the 6-month Water Works stipend program for low-income or first-generation college students, and the Water Educator Training professional development program for local teachers. The NextGen Career Pathways Management Analyst Fellow will be primarily focused on administering the day-to-day activities of the high school and college internship programs.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative and analytical duties related to the Next Gen Career Pathways Program.
- Create program materials, processes, and tools.
- Develop and maintain the Next Gen webpage.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of interns.
- Assist with the supervision of the interns assigned to the Next Gen Career Pathways Program.
- Track metrics and outcomes.
- Respond to requests for information from the community, applicants, program participants, external partners, HR leadership, and internal stakeholders.
- Write reports and/or develop and give presentations for the Board of Directors, committees, advisory committees, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with HR leadership, department managers, and other stakeholders to identify skill gaps and design training and development opportunities that align with Valley Water's strategic goals.
- Oher duties as needed.
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.
- Internship, volunteer, and/or previous work experience in community outreach, education, communications, public relations, or human resources is ideal.
- Experience in data analysis and visualization, including the use of tools such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Canva.
- Project management experience, including the ability to develop and manage timelines, and resources to achieve project goals.
- Experience in conducting research, gathering and analyzing data, and presenting findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders, build relationships, and collaborate on projects.
- Experience with social media management and content development.
- Experience writing reports, managing Excel spreadsheets using advanced tools, developing, and delivering PowerPoint presentations, coordinating events and people, delivering training and/or outreach programs.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to gather and analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can inform decision-making.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings, recommendations, and insights to various stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and manage projects from start to finish, including setting goals, creating timelines, and managing resources.
- Ability to think critically and strategically, anticipating challenges and opportunities and developing plans to address them.
- Ability to work effectively with others, including colleagues, stakeholders, and community partners, to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to conduct research, gather information from various sources, and synthesize findings into actionable insights.
- Ability to use various software tools and technologies, including data analytics software, project management tools, and presentation software.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work under pressure, and respond to unexpected challenges.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and ensure accuracy in data and reports.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook) and Canva.
- Fluent in additional language (Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Tagalog) is a plus but not required.
Ideal Training and Education:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Talent Acquisition and Career Pathways Unit (Position Code 638)
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all newly hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting)
Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date.
This position is eligible for a hybrid telework schedule, typically working 40% remote and 60% onsite.
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021, Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/4049849/fellowship-opportunity-management-analyst-next-gen-career-pathways-program
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency