Open-Rank Teaching Faculty
The College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) at The Pennsylvania State University invites applications for multiple, Open-Rank Teaching Faculty positions. Review of applications begins immediately, with positions starting as early as January 2021. These are non-tenure-track, multi-year appointments with an excellent possibility of renewal.
The college is currently in a growth period with record-high enrollments in both undergraduate and graduate programs, taught residentially and online, including:
- Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations
- Data Sciences
- Enterprise Technology Integration
- Human-Centered Design & Development
- Information Sciences and Technology
- Security & Risk Analysis
Successful candidates should be prepared to teach relevant introductory and advanced courses in one or more of the following areas:
Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations:
- digital forensics to include desktop, mobile, device, or information forensics
- information security
- applied cryptography
- systems security, software security, network security to include firewalls, intrusion detection, and cryptographic network protocols
- malware analytics and software reverse engineering
- penetration testing
- network traffic analysis
Enterprise Technology Integration:
- development for enterprise web technologies
- organizational and project management
- database management and administration
- systems and enterprise integration
- advanced database design and management
- cloud-based technology solutions and integration
- discipline-specific application and integration in the use of technology (e.g. healthcare, finance, business, agriculture, etc.)
Human-Centered Design & Development:
- introductory, intermediate, and advanced programming in Java
- programming for the web
- programming for mobile applications
- software design and development
- interaction design and development
- high and low fidelity prototyping, and user interface development tools
- studying users, interface design, and interaction
Foundational first- and second-year courses addressing:
- Introduction to Information, People, and Technology
- Introduction to Application Development
- Organization of Data
- Networking and Telecommunications
- Language, Logic, and Discrete Mathematics
Applicants must have a master's or terminal degree in a related discipline by appointment date and a commitment to teaching learners at all levels and from all backgrounds. Successful candidates will be prepared to teach courses in one or more of the areas listed above. Candidates will be considered for a teaching faculty rank commensurate with their education and experience in accordance with AC21.
The College of Information Sciences and Technology is strongly committed to a diverse community and to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for faculty, staff and students of all races, genders, and backgrounds. The college is committed to making good faith efforts to recruit, hire, retain, and promote qualified individuals from underrepresented minority groups including women, persons of color, diverse gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Applicants should include with their application a cover letter detailing relevant qualifications for this job including relevant educational background as well as any teaching or industry experience related to the areas of interest mentioned above, a resume or curriculum vitae, a one-page teaching statement, a statement regarding engagement in or commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity issues as they relate to broadening participation in the disciplines represented in the college and align with the mission of the college, and contact information (name, affiliation, email address) for three (3) references.
Inquiries about the positions may be directed to email@example.com. It is imperative that you describe the area(s), programs, or specific classes you closely align with, as described above.
The Pennsylvania State University is the land grant institution of Pennsylvania. University Park is the largest of Penn State's 24 campuses, with approximately 44,000 undergraduates and more than 150 graduate programs. The College of IST has award-winning faculty and state-of-the-art facilities. Both faculty and students are dedicated to collaboration and applying knowledge to make our lives better. See: http://ist.psu.edu. University Park is located in State College, PA, ranked the 3rd safest metropolitan area in the US by CQ Press and the 8th best college town by Best College Reviews.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/University-Park-Campus/Open-Rank-Teaching-Faculty_REQ_0000007324-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency